IEC Company Picnic 2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Autocad Civil 3d 2010 Download Crack
Voting on Options EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 5:08 am by dagwgle

» AnyLogic_Professional_v6.4.1_(WindowsLinux)
Voting on Options EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 1:22 pm by dagwgle

» Pitbull Ft. Shakira - Get It Started (2012) HD
Voting on Options EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 4:14 pm by dagwgle

» Voting on Options
Voting on Options EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:52 pm by Amy Sturm

» Games to Play - Unscheduled
Voting on Options EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:28 pm by BobG

» Games to Play - Scheduled
Voting on Options EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:24 pm by BobG

» COMPANY PICNIC
Voting on Options EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:21 pm by BobG

» DEADLINE FOR GAME SUGGESTIONS
Voting on Options EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:06 pm by Admin

» Picnic Themes
Voting on Options EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:01 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Voting on Options

4 posters

Go down

Voting on Options Empty Voting on Options

Post  JerJHodge Tue May 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Here are my thoughts/votes/ideas:

Ice Breaker -- I'm fine with any of the ideas we mentioned. I'm not a very good ice breaker selector because most of the electricians in the EC Dept won't want to participate in anything that we select for an ice breaker. It doesn't reflect that they aren't good ideas, it just is a reflection of the group of people. Ice Breakers aren't their thing.

Unscheduled Games -- I think if we had Horseshoes and Badminton that would be enough. I've heard that Croquet didn't work real well last year so I'm not sure if that should be included again or not. The only reason I said Badminton instead of Volleyball is because I like Badminton better. Volleyball takes less equipment though. Also, isn't a basketball hoop available? I seem to remember one but I could be wrong.

Scheduled Games -- Since in my mind this category is more geared towards kids I think the same ideas and games like last year are probably going to be the ticket. Various races and basically anything that gets kids running around is a pretty easy "go to" type of game I think.

For the Theme I like Hawaiian. It just seems easier and more relaxed. That's probably because I prefer shorts and flip flops too though.

I will be around whatever time needed to set up that morning. All I would like to know ahead of time is what games/events I'm going to need to help set up so that I can make sure that I have the right rules/dimensions for those events (horseshoes, badminton etc).

Jeremy

JerJHodge

Back to top Go down

Voting on Options Empty Here are my votes

Post  BobG Tue May 24, 2011 12:30 pm

THEME: I am good with the Hawaii theme (simple not a lot of work)

ICE BREAKER: I like the idea of the puzzle pieces that make a message. The teams do different clean-up activities. This could help with the cleanup, but if the EC guys don't participate that could be a problem.

UNSCHEDULED: Horseshoes, a net (for volleyball or badminton), croquet (even if the lawn is to long), jump houses, some specialty event (rock climbing might be fun), frizbee

SCHEDULED: Dizzy bat, gunny sack race, the cracker relay, wheel borrow race.
BobG
BobG

Back to top Go down

Voting on Options Empty Ice Breaker for Kids

Post  bcordes Wed May 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Ice Breaker - I like the the kids to match color balloons for a prize or treat.

Theme - Hawaiian, love pineapple and all the colorful flowers

Games - Does someone have a T-ball set up I truly feel picnics are for kids to have fun and parents to help and laugh. I enjoyed the dunk tank pictures immensely from last year and hope that will be part of this years fun? (I might even volunteer--"dunk the collector") Pass the egg (water balloon) under the chin is always a classic.

Let me know when I need to be there if there's something I need to help?

bcordes

Back to top Go down

Voting on Options Empty Re: Voting on Options

Post  Amy Sturm Wed May 25, 2011 6:52 pm

I think the Ice Breaker should be something very simple. Example, when people sign in, they write on their name tag what they wanted to be when they grew up. (suggestion per Mac).

I'm on Team Hawaii for the theme

Unscheduled I agree with Jer, but think we should have a volley ball, basket ball & some frisbees around for people to play with if they want.

Scheduled besides maybe a horse shoe tournament, I agree with Jer on the mostly kids games.

Bounce houses (Grant is providing the small one again this year), and like Bob said, possibly a rock climbing wall or something for adults would be great fun.

I will be there in the morning, but will have my grand daughter in tow until 12:30ish. I have recruited several guys from the shop for muscle to help with setup and tear down.
Amy Sturm
Amy Sturm

Back to top Go down

Voting on Options Empty Re: Voting on Options

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum